View Single Post
Old 11-26-08, 08:57 PM   #34
badwolf
XO

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Hi Mikhayl

This was the test scopes (nearly a return back to vanilla)

The attack scope was reduced in visual quality with a darker view to represent the smaller optics and made night vision harder. While the observer scope was the same as the OLC attack scope, also experimented with a slightly bigger viewing area. Apart from the decreased quality of the attack scope, both scopes are virtually the same at 6x/1.5x. The binoculars I made 10x for some compensation in ID of flags, which gives the bonus that you can see ships slightly before the crew, instead of the other way round (some uboats did have them).
At the moment I'm working on 3 projects for this 1. single tube operation with dial instead of clicking the tubes - 2. A possible rework of the scope views using an eyepiece. 3.Adding Hitmen's optic dimensions.

The game played very realistic in my opinion and I tendered to use the observer scope at every opportunity, the attack one being used for stealth. The binoculars were great and I didn't find ID'ing too difficult, in fact on the surface tracking single targets was easier. Getting an ID underwater was harder but in a way made the game more interesting for me.

I thought of adding the 2 filters but couldn't find info as to what situation they'd be used for. p.s. Just found it in hitmen's manual.

I used joegrundman's new U-jagd and no doubling of masts without a problem.

Last edited by badwolf; 11-26-08 at 09:23 PM.
badwolf is offline   Reply With Quote