View Single Post
Old 12-21-20, 07:18 AM   #9
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

You cannot have the conditional stuff without a change to the importer code. What I am doing is when the game calls the vessel builder function I intercept it an replace their code with my own (hence why for the moment this is unlikely to work with Epic Mod).

Currently it does very little beyond just the import, though there are a few fixes. When I get to the point of adding more functionality I will look at including a config file too.

As a demo of what can be added here is a sample of the models that I have made so far. All of these are scratch built in Blender by myself from reference images. Obviously some are not completed but it, I hope, shows my aspirations.

HMS Dreadnought - S.101 - The RN's first nuc sub, the back end was heavily based on the Skipjack.

Trafalgar-class - The ubiqutous T boats, still in service today. Introduced around the Cold Waters timeline.

Leander-class - A widely exported and popular GP Frigate that came with a selection of weapons, including the twin 4.5" mount, Exocet, Ikara, and Sea Wolf.

Type 42 - A workhorse of the RN, the minimum viable destroyer that could be built. These ships served the RN will into the 2000s with two being sunk in the Falklands war.

River Batch 2 - A modern OPV of which the 5th was recently delivered to the RN.

Mk 8 Mod 4 Torpedo - The torpedo that sank the General Belgrano, a wartime straight running torpedo.

Mk 20S - One of the early homing torpedoes of the RN.

Mk 24 Tigerfish - Not a good torpedo, but passive/active etc.

Spearfish - One of the best torpedoes in the world, fast and hard hitting. Designed to deal with Alfas.

Mk 50 plus UUM-125B - The Sea Lance standoff ASW Torpedo, the ASROC replacement as was.
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote