View Single Post
Old 07-22-20, 08:09 AM   #1736
tAKticool47
Bosun

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Could be Wind?

Not sure of your particular case- but that has happened to me before- and it wasn't until I realized it was the wind.

If the Wind is too high, and the Wind Profile meter is out of the acceptable launch & recovery envelope, the helicopters can't land. Remember the wind is often causes heavy seas and big waves etc.

In REALITY, they could probably physically take off , given a decently motivated crew to get it moving quickly and a good pilot/pilots - but it could never land without crashing.

So in the game, when the wind is outside the Wind Recovery profile, the helicopters will take the "Recover" command and will then land (although it often takes AGES for them to actually do the landing- I've tested in Sea State 5 and it took several minutes at maximum time-warp for the helicopter to finalize it's landing in the "Final Approach") and it looks like it goes into the hangar, but then the status changes to DOWN - it's the game letting you know that it crashed on landing due to wind.

Which is odd, any other platform, the helo or aircraft will physically kaboom on a bad landing but this is I guess some sort of quirk.

Anyway I can't say for certain that's what happened to you , but sounds like it.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote