View Single Post
Old 12-12-11, 10:22 PM   #47
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Oh, btw when i said i want both i didn't meant that SBP should become also a tactic shooter but merely a much more leaborated infantry part that can be controled much better.
As I already said, they will do some imporvements to the ciontrol logic, and there is some demand for suiting the sim towards insirgency warfare. But you can also see the result is a focus on more APC and IFV options, not so much on including an ifantry component. Their management also indicated they expect that the focus in Wetsern arme focus sooner or later will swing back towards more heavy mechjnised warfare, sooner or later.
Quote:
Now don't tell me that the military is the actual customer of eSim and that they catter only their demands and that this is a tank simulator in the first place and that my other wishes are not going to happen.
I don't "tell". It's a fact I state. From the player sales they cannot live.

Quote:
Well let me tell you this, there are only so and so much vehicles in the real world and they are still fully occupied to feature them(respectively whatever the military customers request) But apparently this stuff is all featured one day and what then ? Are they just going to shut down the company or what ? No of course not, they will of course expend and eventually return to making games again and introduce more elements to the game of which improvements of the infantry and all the other stuff is the obvious way to go and this is where i hope to finally get what i want.
Many years ahead, and an uncertain future it is. Most people prefer to take what is available NOW and enjoy the time until then with playing it. And I tend to think that is wise. But if you want to wait another number of years just to get the perfect, the one solution that fits all yopu demand in detail - feel free to do that.

Quote:
And besides that i have the gut feel that the military itself will demand a more and more elaborated infantry part. No one says that they will keep using it merely as a tank sim.
So far they exclusively buy it for tanker training. I am not in eSim'S heads and paper stuff and so do not know what is going on. But in 2006 when I put together an itnerview with their technical director I asked him about the dfistant future. And in 2006 he said that their competence lies in the field of tanks and mechanised warfare. It is here where the sim can compete with the rivalling products the military buys in form of hardware cabin simulatores for millions of dollars, and SBP competes successfully there due to its aggressive pricing. But this argument is not existent anymore when the focus shifts on infantry games, since here other software producers already have established themselves.

Quote:
That is certainly the peve that i have with SB. There is no way you could ever run out of fuel on this map so that logistics become an issues suddely.
You can. And do. Some vehicles have shorter legs than others. And fueltanks can be perforated in battle. All of a sudden those fuel tankers and engineer units, CS trucks and Bergepanzer and ambulances make sense.

Quote:
The community isn't in disagreement with me cause i am the community. What the designers agree or disagree with you simple don't know. Only when they get confronted with this idea and reply to that we can see what they really think of that.
Short attack of megalomania, eh? You are just one person, and even an outsider not knowing the sim. The community is the dominant majority over you. And for soem strange reason in five years I have not heared them saying what you said. That'S what makes you an outsider with a minority opinion. And what the developer thinks about how he should do things you can see in the results of how he actually does handle things, and designs features.

Quote:
That the designers haven't thought about that improvement yet is perhaps because they have a million other things on their mind already and simple never had the opportunity to even think about it.
Maybe. Or yours is a minority opinion.

Quote:
Sure thing. But if you are not sure then just say so. But thanks anyway.
If I am not sure of what I say, I wouldn't say it at all or add a line that I am not certain. Like every human, I can make mistakes without realising it.

Try to become a bit more open-minded. You have so specific demands and expectations that you probbaly will wait for years and years and still do not get what you want. All the while you are missing stuff that is very good already and is praised by many. The more your focus gets "tunnelised" or fixiated on specific demands, the less likely it is your desires will get fulfilled. You wait - but what did you get in the end? Nothing. You want to play huge scenarios, but have no ida how big the ones can get you alkready can do with SBP - I played some scenarios that took me breaks and several hpours over the day, due to my style of playing and wanting to avoid losses as much as possible. A scenario designed with any of the options you outlined above, would not make a dramatic difference in final effect. So relax, and look at it more easy. Yopu are interested in playing the best tank sim there is and that is closer to reality than any other - play this. You are not interested in thnat? Forget SBP, and spend your time on something more useful or to your taste.

But sitting five years just to see some incredibly specific demands in desiogn getting fulfilled and over that denying all the cream that already is available - to me that is an extremely strange choice somebody could make. But of course, you are free to decide the way you want. My advise after these two days of talking would be: forget about SBP, and never think of it again. Because I think you will never be satisfied, honestly. So just move on and enjoy yourself better that way.