View Single Post
Old 03-07-08, 08:56 AM   #20
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
To be honest, after the disasterous early release of SHIV I decided to hold off buying any UBI product for at least 6 months. If they wish to release things early then that's their choice, and mine is to buy it later. As the only logic for releasing it early is so some chump in a tie (why do chumps always wear ties?) can fill in some box on a spreadsheet so some bigger chump in a bigger tie, with stripes, can present a quarterly sales report to a bunch of management type chumps, in very loud ties around a sterile office table, so some really big chump sitting at the end of the table in a bigger chair, wearing two ties, and some garters perhapps, can bathe in the power he feels he has over quite a small bunch of chumps. At least until he's hit by a bus...but that's another story.

Definately feeling a bit "anti-chump" at the moment.
You forgot about the sterile office environment with no windows and mind-numbing flourescent lighting. And all the formulas in the spreadsheet were overwritten with hard numbers seven months ago by a temp worker. Management just can't figure out why no matter how many units they move, sales just stagnate.:rotfl:They laid off the guy who wrote the spreadsheet and nobody else cares enough to look for the problem. After all, the spreadsheet says sales of Pong are as good as ever!

Beware of stupid people in large groups: government, corporations and labor unions. OK, school boards, civic organizations, consumer advocates, conservation groups, condo associations, please don't feel bad if I left your organization out! Let me know and I'll be glad to include it.

Oh bullhockey, here comes another story. During the American Civil War, General Grant worked for General Halleck, who hated him and wanted to fire Grant. Unfortunately, Abraham Lincoln had noticed Grant and taken a shine to him. So Halleck hatched an evil plan. Grant had asked to attack Corinth, so Halleck gave him the order to attack, adding that Grant should attack with 50,000 men.

Grant couldn't begin to find more than half that. So he was in the typical corporate chump double-bind. He could round up as many as he had and attack. If he lost, Halleck would say Grant disobeyed orders to take 50,000. Put the rope around ole Grant's neck and pull the lanyard.

Or Grant, not being able to raise the 50,000, might not attack (wouldn't be very Grant-like, would it?). Then he disobeyed a direct order to attack and put the rope around ole Grant's neck and pull the lanyard.

So Grant attacked with what he had, won, was promoted to Halleck's job, and of course, Halleck was promoted and moved to Washington where he could be among like-minded chumps.

It's a wonder that anything gets accomplished by anybody!:rotfl:

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 03-07-08 at 09:19 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote