View Single Post
Old 06-12-15, 05:18 AM   #48
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
As I keep repeating, I use Window's 8.1 and have no real problems with it.
As of a few months I use it at work and hate it.
I take the positive thing I said that after the updates it might be better back.

To sum up the problems I have, well for someone like me who frequently has to calculate minus or plus taxes on prices on the contracts I have to print out using a calculator and I used the one in Windows everytime. Now open the calculator in Win 8.1 and there you go the most simplest of programs and it takes up the whole screen?!. The OS is called Windows right? not Window. (same with scanning documents I use frequently and reading PDF files) also the constant yapping I need a Microsoft account which I do not want because I can't think of a reason to why I would need one.

And the start button, it's just another button that takes you back to those tiles.

so I stick to my original statement...it belongs on smartphones and tablets but it's not an OS that belongs on a PC because it's UI, navigating it and design decisions is abismal.

I really wish that XP machine didn't die on me which forced me to get this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Dvorak says wait on Win10, it's looking like another MS stumble
Well since I don't use online storage (don't want, need nor plan to ever use) I personally don't see it as a stumble.

Last edited by HunterICX; 06-12-15 at 05:25 AM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote