View Single Post
Old 06-01-11, 07:43 PM   #56
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post

Good to know. When I got the current machine I was on a bug about keeping things cool and not relying on so much on what came preinstalled. This case actually does have a fan in front, but I didn't know that until I got it and got in there and started tinkering with things. I think I bought the fans when I decided to pop a second drive in there.

Anyway if they're not necessary, I won't worry about whether or not they'll fit. If they do I might use them, or I can use them on whatever drive(s) end up in the old rig.
If the HDD's dont get good air flow they will become very hot. I would leave the hdd fans installed. I have 6 fans running inside the pc, not counting the gfx card fan., sounds like a jet taking off when I start it up so I configure the bios to set some of the fans to quiet mode. Another thing the case is huge and heavy. Enough to add up to 15 hdd drives. IMO good running airflow is very important.

My old pc which I had running well for 7yrs with an upgrade of the graphics/cpu & ram twice during its life was a standard size gaming case with the fancy artwork, nobs and bells but the case was a magnet to dust which then generates more heat, I had to clean this pc twice a year within a couple of months it would be dusty I had fans blowing in & out and it was sealed to its best. This new pc I checked inside the other day for the first time 5 months old now & found not a spec of dust inside clean as a whistle. Put it down to a good PC case which is usually overlooked when buying/building a pc.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote