View Single Post
Old 04-03-09, 09:16 PM   #44
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan Soniboy View Post
I can't really understand why you keep saying that the fleet boats were so much better than the german boats. You're wrong. Perhaps the radar is something the germans would have liked though.

Then why did both the americans and the russians copy german technollogy in every way after the war? Here, let me show you something:

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Wallpa...egreesLeft.jpg

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia...9-farmr_p4.jpg

These pictures show the russian MIG and the american Sabre Jet which were used in the korean war. Do you think they look similar to each other? They were copies of german technollogy. Without german rocket technollogy, the americans wouldn't have been able to reach the moon in 1969! The type XXI submarine was copied by the americans and russians after the war. The allies were stunned by the german superior technollogy. When the americans captured U-505, they knew they were far behind. You know I'm right!

But the germans had never heard the word "mass produce" before. They always had to come up with something new.
The Americans did not copy the Type XXI. They did not need to. The fleet boat was already superior. All they did was reskin the fleet boat and it was over a knot faster both on the surface and submerged. How about posting a picture of an American copy of the Type XXI. There aren't any!

What German plane did the Sabre and MIG 15 copy? You show a Russian and American plane, but no German plane. The Russian could have copied tha American or the American could have copied the Russian, but you have not established that either was a copy of a German design. I'm not saying that ideas weren't derived from German swept wing experimental planes, but jet engines were more advanced in Britain and the US than in Germany.

When the Americans captured U-505 they knew that the Germans were no supermen and our subs were better. I'm sure they studied the optics in the periscope and the German sonar to see if they could pick up any pointers, and they were interested in German homing torpedo designs, but the German homing torpedoes were much less effective than the American cutie. The German design looked good on paper but never sank a target in real life.

By the way, there were no similarities in design, fuel, controls, construction techniques or anything other than the fact that it was a rocket between the V2 and Saturn V rockets. It isn't like they strapped two dozen V2s together and went to the moon. Also, the rocket was only one element of thousands of individual elements that had to work together to get to the moon (the lunar excursion module, for instance had nothing to do with German technology), computers, space suits, fuel, navigational systems, communications, food, water, life support, all the things the Germans never even dreamed of in their rocket program. Von Braun's contribution was a tiny part of the whole. And he had competition with equally good ideas that were not adopted. They will be used next.

Kapitan, aside from taunting, you don't have any ammunition in your popgun. Time to fold the tent and look for a discussion in which you can be an actual participant. If photos of a couple of planes, where you can't even compare the planes meaningfully by the too dissimilar angles, and without establishing that they copied a German design, is the best you got, you're way over your head here.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote