View Single Post
Old 03-28-09, 02:26 PM   #39
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Knot View Post
None of this surprises me. Clair Blair states in the preface to his book, Hitler's U-Boat War that perhaps no weapon in WW2 is as mythologized as the U-Boat. Churchill inflated the U-Boat threat to help draw a neutral America's sympathy and support for the Britain The Germans exploited the threat for their own propoganda purposes.

Perhaps the greatest contribution they actually made was forcing the Allies to convoy, thereby slowing the movement of men and material.
I think he also made his statement with the aim of encouraging Germany to plow even more men, money, resources and time into a dead end that had no power to help Germany's war effort and could not avoid pulling the United States into the war. Recruiting the US was one of Mr Churchill's most cherished goals. The U-Boats helped him immensely.

There you go making my mistake of misspelling propaganda as "propoganda." How is anybody going to believe us if we can't spell?:rotfl:And I patented that goof. You are expressly forbidden to copy it. Come up with your own misspelling!

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 03-28-09 at 02:41 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote