View Single Post
Old 06-02-11, 08:48 AM   #18
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
Trimming lets you make permanent adjustments to the flight surfaces, so that the aircraft can fly straight without any input. For example, if your aircraft is rolling to one side all the time, you can apply trimming to balance that out and make the plane fly straight without having to keep the stick pushed to the other side.

It's not completely necessary, and I usually never use trimming except for rare cases, but I suppose it can help.

EDIT: Ah, damnit Arclight!
So basically, I can use it as an immediate "first-aid bandage" if need be as well?? What I mean by this is one night, I was dogfighting (trying to anyways) some 109's and one of them clipped my wing with a cannon and put a nice size hole in my right wing which then caused my plane to roll (not uncontrolabley, but annoyingly) to the right which I had to correct every few seconds or apply constant stick pressure, I could have used trim to fix this roll and level the plan out??

Call me a n00b but I find that freaking amazing. Any other little tips and tricks I should know?? Last night I tried some landings and that didn't go to well.