View Single Post
Old 05-19-20, 01:35 PM   #8
momps
Watch

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

I don't know about recent versions of SH5 on Uplay, but I purchased my version about 2 years ago. The key to making The Wolves of Steel work on Steam/Uplay was this key instruction:

"If you own Uplay download version of the game, you'll have to perform manual sh5.exe
replacement before you proceed to TWoS installation. Valid v1.2.0 sh5.exe from DVD version of the game can be found on this link...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x48vge...5/sh5.zip/file
If you own Steam version, just “Accept” Steam Conversion Tool* which will be offered during the mod installation. (*Steam shouldn't be active in the background while doing this) In order to verify your installation, make sure to launch stock v1.2.0 game at least once before you install TWoS megamod. It is strongly recommended to reactivate/pause your Anti Virus protection during the mod installation process due to possible false positive warnings. Ensure that SH5, Uplay or Steam are not active in the background while installing the mod! Note that regardless of selected language options during the stock game installation, TWoS will adjust your game for gameplay with English language texts and German voices."

You must replace the sh5.exe file from the Steam version. If you download TWOs the instructions are clear, but must be followed exactly.
Momps
momps is offline   Reply With Quote