View Single Post
Old 02-19-09, 05:36 PM   #71
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
Just to clarify before fiddling with any config files myself - can you guys tell me / us if you are intending to release this as a fully fledged mod to be installed via JSME - or would you advise the rest of us to follow your advise re your latest edits to the config and other files.

If the latter - could you set out a simple step by step instruction so those if us with less expertise can follow and install this.

I am assuming this will work with GWX3.0 etc Hoping you can confirm

Rascal

PS RACERBOY - any interest in working on lighting, surface glare and reflection - my experience at sea is that commercial ships are painted in gloss paint as is more impervious to rust - is intersting that all painted surfaces on all ships in SH3 have a matt finish so they dont look right - any thoughts
Specular and glossiness in SH3 are what you are wanting to play with. The specular strength will determine the 'sharpness' of the specular.

If you follow what I posted just a few posts back and follow what FlakMonkey said and use the SH3Controllers.ACT file FlakMonkey has posted you can start having shadows now (for those objects correctly setup)!

VIIb Turm shadows coming along nicely:

You all be sure to thank Privateer for this. Since he decided to hold back his findings from everyone except one (which pissed me off royally) that was the drive I needed to figure this out. I do thank him for at least showing it was possible and that he had found a way to make it work (which until he says we'll never know how he did it). I wouldn't have ever given shadows another go if otherwise. What happened to you Privateer? That's not the person I knew at one time.

EDIT: got the periscopes shadowing BUT there's a backface problem with Turm shadows. The 3D model used for Turm shadows needs it's backfaces 'filled'. Does anyone know how to add backfaces using Wings3D or Misfit3Dmodeller?? See below the problem with the open Turm shadow:

I'll work on trying to resolve the flourescent colors with the watchmen. It's a lighting problem caused by the DynamicShadow light source.

In the mean time here's another demo. This playable demo gives all the features in the above screenie. Same thing, extract to MODS folder, run the single mission 'SHD_testing'
Alright now rapidshare is pissing me off....it's says only 10 people can download this again...what gives?
http://rapidshare.com/files/20019523...sting.zip.html

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 02-19-09 at 08:46 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote