View Single Post
Old 02-16-20, 11:57 PM   #1
Talvezny1
Swabbie

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0
Default FOTRS new install problem

Hi everyone. Special thanks and acknowledgements to all the folks who have brought us all these mods! I have a question that probably has an answer somewhere but I be danged if I can find it. I have installed Berbsters mod on my Steam download and it worked great after moving the file folders like instructed! Decided I wanted to try FOTRS and I have had fits getting it installed correctly. I have done all of the following, fresh game install, uninstall steam, reinstall steam, changed download library to C:Games\Steam, installed sh4 and sh4 Uboat to that directory. Tried using SH4CMS and it worked but steam would not recognize that separate folder so I ended up deleting it all out and reinstalled the game into the C:GAmes\Steam folder. So far so good so I installed FOTRS and activated, OK good. started it up and it is in a 1024x768 resolution window. OK, fine, I'll fix it once it loads up. NOW, lets adjust the resolution: whenever I hit options and graphics it will freeze then the program quits after 5 min. I tried going into the cfg file and changing the resolution to the 1920x1080 that is my native display but it is still windowed and I cannot adjust graphics without it freezing. In addition, I can start a subschool game but it remains paused and I can't adjust the time suppression, unpause, or do anything with the mouse or keyboard. Please, anybody got an idea? This old sailor needs to get back out to sea! I have read about compatibility tweaks or changing DPI scaling in the .exe files properties but everything worked with Berbsters mod.
Thanks in advance.
Talvezny1 is offline   Reply With Quote