View Single Post
Old 12-02-20, 01:24 AM   #16
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz69 View Post
Thats where my doubt arise, even if they achieve a level of system depth that wil satisfy the more hardcore DW players, it will be very difficult to achieve the variability in terms of units. cause modders/dev will have to model the whole damn sub interior, consoles etc.. in 3D ! it will be too much of work to see real variability and choice arising.

eSim Games, the makers of Steel Beasts, started out with an extremely small team and only two 2D tank interiors. (Might have only been one, I can't remember.)

Now, they are still a relatively tiny company, but there is something like 75 or more vehicles with 3D interiors in SB. And more that can be controlled from an exterior view. Granted: many of those are variants of the same vehicles, but there are usually at least some minor differences in the models.

Also granted: it's been 20 years since the first version of SB. But that's almost 4 new vehicles per year, every year. And it's still a great sim. Anyway, my point is that small teams can indeed produce a large variety of high fidelity vehicles for a sim. And eSim doesn't even allow model mods - only textures and sounds.