Old 01-16-11, 10:58 AM   #614
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi again Poacher
When you upgrade from one version of the Magnum Opus or NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_ByTheDarkWraith to a later one (or from one patch to a later version) you should use the Migration Tool which you find in the Magnum Opus\data\Applications folder.
A quite straightforward and simple tool!
The reason to why you "lose" your previous settings is that even the patch has a new TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and when you acivate the patch in JSGME the patch's new one overwrites the old one (i.e. with the settings you already have done) if you don't use the Migration Tool.
( Another useful software I've found handy is WinMerge. With this you can edit two files simultaneously, e.g. two versions of the UserOptionsfile. It even highlights differences between the two files. You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmerge/ )

I don't get what you are saying about your C/Ubisoft/SH5/data/scripts/menu/optionsfile. I have no such file...
AFAIK the file (where you make your settings for the Mod) is the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py which is to be found in C:\Ubisoft\SH5\MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0.0.1\data\Scrips \Menu folder.
Could you please tell:
1. How you activate your mods?
2. What's the structure of the mods you use?

The structure of all mods must be:

"Mod's name"\data\

// Cheers
Thanks Silent steel, i'll try to explain.

Activating Mods for me is as follows: I download the mod to desktop ( i like everything i download from the net to go to desktop where i can see it and delete it if necessary without having to hunt the Hard drive for it!), then using 7z i extract the files....to desktop!.

This is where i start to get confused normally, do i just copy/paste or drag the whole extracted folder into my mods folder or open it and move just the data files??? either way, i normaly suss it out and drag the selected files into.... C / Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / MODS.

From here, i open JSGME (which is on my desktop) and activate the mod. With the exception of the "Grossdeutscher Rundfunk" mod which i just added and cant get working (i've started a separate thread for this), the Mega-mod and patches have all worked fine.

Now for the user options changes that caused a pain in the rear. Going into the said folder C / Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / MODS, then into Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 / data / scripts / menu / TheDarkWraithUserOptions, and opening it as notepad (which changed all files to notepad) i made my adjustments, this had no effect, i went into the same file in Patch 1 and Patch 2 with no effect.

So as a last ditch i skimmed through Ubisoft / Silenthunter 5 / data , and found the file "Scripts", in this is another file "Menu" and in that are all the same notepad style files from Magnum_Opus, it looks exactly the same as MODS / Magnum_Opus.! so i went to the TheDarkWraithUserOptions opened and made my changes, which do have the desired effect!! this is now where i make changes to my preferance.

Hope this helps
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote