View Single Post
Old 01-15-11, 09:23 PM   #611
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
are you using TDW mega mod or TDW UI mod ? There is a lock target hud button with these mods . Dont trust the crew

Im using Stock game with Mega-Mod + Patch2. And i see no 'Lock target' button unless im looking in the wrong place! i've got rid of the bloody XO and all his nonsence... apart from cluttering the screen, i'd rather figure out the solution myself!

@Trevally,thanks for your feedback, but is there a way i can read the answers to my issues without have to go through a tutorial!, or are the tutorials text based?

Basically the game + Mod is almost fantastic, but the following are really spoiling it for me......

1. As stated, the issues i have with locking target, not understanding how you input the Ship mast height from the ship manual to the TDC, and allowing movement one the "outer reticle rings" are present. (where do i find "Follow target"?

2. The weather reports allways say its either 0 wind or 14 wind! nothing in between. p.s dows rain exist in the game?

3. NO reports from the sonar man or Watchcrew!!!! this ones a biggy. The sonar man detects nothing and says nothing despite half a dozen targets being audiable. Yet if you ask him for nearest contact...he happily discovers it and writes it in your text box. The watch crew say nothing, except 3 minutes after i was strafed from two fighter aircraft with crew wounded, they kindly informed me that aircraft were sighted!.

4. "DIVE", "DIVE", DIVE".......now stop diving, no seriously stop diving....bang! Does the ruder amidship not level the boat, is there any way to level the boat without fumbling for the depth gauge?

4. Speed / depth control....i've read about this one before. Annoying but not a game killer.

5. "Battlestations"....not, where's the key for it?

6. "Nearest visual contact Watchman", yes Captin, its 27º and 132,000 KM away, really, i cant see it through my x7 UZO for S**t.!...oh and why did'nt you tell me you could see a ship then!

8. "Sonarman, give me estimate range to target",.. "i have no target",...Oh dont bother then.

Each to there own and all that, but for me these are problems with core elements of the sim, perhaps there is a solution for these and my lack of game time means im missing it, (I hope so)

either way, any guidence / help with the above would be vastly apreciated as there tarnishing an otherwise winner...and it does look good eh!
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote