View Single Post
Old 01-13-21, 06:33 AM   #12
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313
Uploads: 0

Sorry if I continue to make questions that may sound obvious to someone experienced like you but these ones will help a lot in shorten the working times.
Here follows some:

1-Currently in the TWOS mod ( The Wolves of Steel 2.2_SH5 Expansion Pack_v2.2.22_Full + Update ) there are the following available subs ( Please confirm or correct me ):

Type IIA = Playable and AI
Type VIIA = Playable and AI
Type VIIB = Playable and AI
Type VIIB UFlak = Playable via JSGME -- AI?
Type VIIC = Playable and AI
Type VIIC/41 = Playable and AI

Type IX = Playable via JSGME ( But I presume that this changes only the standard sub characteristics via the .cfg and the .SIM files but there's not a real Type IX 3D model, correct? )

2- What's the difference between the AI folders ( eg NSS_Uboat7a_AI ), the AI folders that are instead numbered ( e.g NSS_Uboat7a_U30 ) and the ones at the bottom (e.g VIIA,VIIB,VIIC,VIIC41 )? They are all AI that's clear but what the different files affect/modify/are used for?
* I guess that at least one of these categories is used for the wolfpack thing

3- The playable Type IIA is used also in the campaign or only in the single missions? ( As far as I know the campaign starts with a VIIA or eventually with the UFlak if activated via JSGME )

4- What program are you using to open the .SIM files? ( Sorry to ask I haven't not yet searched for it. I hope with GR2 correct? )

================================================== ======

I have a MEGA spare account ( 15 GB ) that I use exclusively to exchange files easily with modders. I will send you via PM the info and password to access it so if needed we got it for exchanging the material of interest.
In the PM I will add also my phone number so we can eventually also use WhatsUp for quick communications or if needed to avoid to write here poems
Let me know if this is ok for you.
I'll wait for your confirmation first before proceeding.

Last edited by Viktor_Prien; 01-13-21 at 06:51 AM.
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote