View Single Post
Old 04-21-23, 12:14 PM   #63
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I'm not sure how much help I can be. I only watched a few series and they were all reruns.

The first was MASH. I have probably seen every episode like 20-25 times. It's still funny to me. MASH had great writers. MASH could be funny and tragically sad, sometimes at the same time. MASH was so eloquent in showing how ugly war can be and why it should be avoided if at all possible.

The second was Cheers. Who would ever believe that you could get 11 seasons out of a bunch of misfit characters whose local bar is the center point of their lives. Again, like MASH, it was great writers and actors who brought the scripts to life.

MASH, the most British pitch black comedy ever to come out of the US. I absolutely love that one and it is THE main reason I miss not having a TV anymore. It is also the series that sparked my love for helicopters, believe it or not. When I grow up, if ever, I want a scale Bell 47 rc model!

Also totally love The Prisoner, like a cheap James Bond on acid, confusing and mesmerising. As with MASH, rewatching the episodes does not take anything away from it.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote