View Single Post
Old 06-26-19, 02:37 PM   #1
LeBueno
Watch

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default GWX Destroyer depth charging

Hi!

I am playing a campaign in GWX and as I intercepted a convoy in bad weather I found myself in middle of it and almost immediately charged at by at least 2 destroyers. At the first pass I heard the ASDIC as it pinged me at increasingly fast intervals and finally dropped some charges on me. I dove to 160m and started evading. However, no matter what I do I can not shake those two (or three) destroyers off from me. The weird thing is that

a) my hydrophone guy doesn't call the closest destroyer from me but rather sometimes another guy who is at constant range while another one is closing on me and dropping charges on me

b) the destroyers haven't used ASDIC on me after the first pass, however, they can pinpoint me all the time even I have silent running and also when I have my engines completely off. This seems pretty weird, as I am currently at 210m under the surface and they still know where I am. Can the ASDIC penetrate that deep?

I go either full halt or minimum speed and only use full speed when the enemy drops charges - nothing seems to do the trick. I find it weird that they still can find me as it seems they do not use ASDIC as there is no pingin sound to be heard.

Any veterans who know what is going on? Thanks
406 suffers failure on launch again.
LeBueno is offline   Reply With Quote