View Single Post
Old 03-12-13, 12:04 AM   #2
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBones View Post
To be clear; I do all mid-patrol saves at night, on the surface, in "Zentrale", with no contacts anywhere in sight or by hydrophone, and at least 100km from the nearest land and at least 50km from the site of any sinkings. I also ensure that there have been no indications of anything spawning for at least an hour before saving and exiting.

Has anyone seen this happen before and if so, is there a known (or even just a "suspected") cause/solution? Since this just happened after months of problem-free careers and single missions/single patrols, I hesitate to think it's a Mod-related problem. But, if anyone thinks it could be, I'll send my Mod list back separately.
I have save games in all sorts of conditions and in contact with enemy forces with very few problems. I really don't think the old SH3 rules apply with SH4. I have sometimes got "left over" sounds like glass breaking when I reload a save, but the problem goes away soon after I go to a different station.

The only thing I can think of that might make a difference, is to make sure you make each and every save to a new, unique name. Overwriting the same save, seems to be associated with problems. I presume you know not to change mods, while at sea.

On a side note, I have never used multi-SH4; so I can't say anything about that.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote