View Single Post
Old 06-24-22, 02:52 PM   #14
AD TC
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Janes 6881 SeaWolves VN

Hi,
I was one of the the opriginal Sewolves back in the early 90s, I started out as a SR and finished my tenure as a full ADM, I was known as *ADMTC, the
asterick stood for a Medal Of Honor winner killing multiple subs when engagaging with other Orginizations around the world. SeaWoves was quite the VN at its time, using Janes 688i Killer as its base platform, later in years we developed Tincans, Army, Air Force and Tank Corps all under the SeaWolves server umbrella. We had one member who was the server, and he held it for a very long time. I am sorry that his name and rank escape me now, it has been many years. I was the ADM who ran War College where every member had to attend it to achieve rank, it was straight out of Annapolis.

SeaWolves did not tolerate cheaters who could go behind the scenes and view the battle maps to locate enemy subs, they were quickly sought out and kicked out and banned forever.

Some members would meet at Mystic Conn to board the actual SeaWolf Sub moored there and visited the museums and spent the whole weekend together having fun visiting and going to dinner, meeting each other face to face rather then on a battle map or in a general meeting.

At one time, Seawolves VN had well over 2,000 active members around the world engaging in battles, helping the Orginization, teaching Boots sonars in the simulator which were very much the real thing. Learning passive and active torps in the water from Biologicals, real stuff!

It was a great time, until some members decided they could do better and tried to start an off shoot of SeaWolves called Wolrld Navy VN, didn't last long, SeaWolves blew them out of the water! Slowly but surelly new games came out and members moved on to play in those theaters.

I was in the US Navy for 8 years, 1957 - 59 Active 1960 to 1966 Reserves. I was a 2nd Class Pipe fitter aboard a WW 2 Tin Can DESRON 4, USS Furse DDR 882, hence my affection for being part of a VN. There will never be another like SeaWolves VN playing Janes 688i.

Former *ADM TC SeaWolves VN
AD TC is offline   Reply With Quote