View Single Post
Old 02-17-21, 03:31 PM   #51
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

OK fair enough, but the Frontier boards are pretty salty and good fun.

I spent the past week in Elite doing a number of things. Participated in the CG, and qualified for the permit. The rewards were lame, but it gave me something to do and a reason to take the FDL out for something other than assassinations. Conflict Zones are a bit of a step up over CNBs and RES sites. Great pace to the combat, better ships to fight against. It was good fun.

Spent a couple evenings with the commanders in our PG out at some Guardian sites picking up the stuff needed for Guardian modules. I've unlocked the FSD booster and the shield reinforcement before, and wanted to get what I needed for the Guardian fighters. I've yet to hire a minion in my Elite career, it's something I am saving for when I hit combat Elite. Minions steal some of your XP and cash, so I haven't cared to have one on the payroll.

And as always I've done my fair share of bounty hunting and assassinations in order to both raise that rank as well as gather mats, which is a never-ending process. I enjoy the combat, and carry a collector controller plus some limpets in a Krait II designed for this role, I call it a combat sweeper.

Poison Whiskey

For me, this is Elite's best ship. Such a nice blend of speed, agility, shields, firepower, optional slot space, cockpit visibility and swag. I have four Kraits, all outfitted and engineered for specific roles. One is this combat sweeper, one is a rumble bus and armed merchant cruiser, one is a core miner and one is a Phantom deep space scientific exploration vessel. I limit my fleet to ten ships and four of them are Kraits