View Single Post
Old 05-19-20, 02:14 PM   #114
mrb__
Nub

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Y’all gonna see it when it comes out anyway. Me too. Multiple times.
Despite all the hollywood drama and sales tricks, us hating the details and the wives hating our mumble every time we play it.

Too much of inhumanizing the boot crews in my sense, scaring the audience with the shadowy Ze Germans of the dark. Makes me feel like I am watching an alien movie, rather than a story based on actual events as the spoiler says. But lets not judge the book by the cover and wait a bit more.

I’d love to see a sensible picture about Kretschmer and Prien too, we all know that is not going to happen though. Cant correlate the nazis to modern Germany these days, too political, I believe. That including the true uboat’s emblems and other tiny movie details the interested public could pick up and use as political fuel later.
Tom wants to stay close to the true series of events, but can’t get too close too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Hi!

You may want to read about the duel between USS Chatelain and U-515 on April 9, 1944.
I would rather say, the plot line to be loosely based on convoy SC-107 story, the HMCS Restigouche and the U132. If you take a closer look at the emblems, despite their sizing and location, the first sub actually resembles the modified U132 with another one pretty close to U190.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post

Looks to me that they were using the 'Turms Your Way' mod.
Looking forward to the new graphics pack. Would be fun to have them in SH3

Last edited by mrb__; 05-19-20 at 02:38 PM.
mrb__ is offline   Reply With Quote