View Single Post
Old 01-11-18, 11:10 PM   #88
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

bubba, older laptops especially, want the screen resolution to match their "Native" resolution. Look in your system settings for the video display, and see if it doesn't give you that. Set your Windows display to that "Native" resolution, and then match it in the game. It might be that 1024x768 is the best that your computer can display, but it might not be (1280x800??). I had an old HP laptop with a nice 17 inch display from that era, but I cannot remember what it could do, but I'm thinking it was like 1366x768 HD. I do remember though that SH4 didn't have an exact match for my monitor's resolution, but I played it "Windowed" at the next size down, and it looked great, other than having a "border" around the screen... Our newer (5 year old) lappy does 1600x900, while the newest is some unbelievable high figure that I'd have to get the kids to explain... In all cases, you might have to freeze the display scaling for the game. To do that, you right-click on the SH4.exe file, left-click on "Properties" from the context menu, then click on the "compatibility" tab. In the "Settings" section, tick the box "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". That does not work on all displays, and may make things worse, depending upon the resolution you are using...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote