Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 03-01-21, 05:46 PM   #918
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0

First, this is not a stab at DW as I think you did an amazing job here and this mod is really great and I love it!

That being said all indicators about my radio-not-playing issue was pointing at DW as the culprit. It is important for me as it is a huge part of immersion for my taste (I am aware of gramophone and using it extensively in addition to the radio; my radio+gramophone mod dir size is 15 GB+) but I needed both.

Acting on this assumption that a DW modification broke it I reverted the radio back to OM and as I had hoped, radio started working fine instantly. Sharing this here in case someone else experiences the same problem - I have had to spend a few hours on it...

Radio is either one subcomponent that got lost on the way somehow or an alternative theory is maybe it is somehow broken on my end although I can't quite fathom how that can be the case as I was simply restoring a pre-existing (years old) 7zip archive which contains basegame-patched-with-ubm. Taking that as base,
-If you put OM on top of that base archive, it works fine (although buggy).
-If you put DW on top, everything is better but radio stops working.

Anyhow, my problem is now solved and I am a very happy DW player again. Thanks to propbeanie for quick assistance offer earlier.

For me, it's hunting time!
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote