View Single Post
Old 04-28-09, 11:21 AM   #32
GinoC
Watch

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Playing GWX 3 at 90% realism incl manual targetting. It's Apr of '40 and after completing my assigned patrol SW of Norway I decided to stick my head into Scapa Flow at night and see if I could find anything interesting. Since I wasn't expecting to find much (as usual), I decided I'd take on some of the patrolling DDs. I sank both a Tribal and a V&W with one eel each. I then proceeded into Scapa Flow on the surface with decks awash and to my surprise I saw the silhouette of an Illustrious class carrier. As I rubbed my hands with glee, I also saw a BC to the NE. Going for the bigger tonnage, I headed for him and let loose all four bow tubes at 3000m with shallow setting to get over his torpedo nets. I then came up to full speed and headed east for the narrow channels. There were three torpedo impacts and I was notified that the BC is going down and my log told me I've sunk HMS Hood. History is rewritten. I had to dive when star shells were fired, revealing my position to shore batteries. Once the star shells faded, I resurfaced and continued east past through the three wrecks and out into the North Sea. I escaped alive and covered with glory. Damn, that felt good.

- Admiral Lord Fraser of North Cape
GinoC is offline   Reply With Quote