View Single Post
Old 01-30-20, 08:25 PM   #55
K-61
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Finally got through to the end of the war. On my penultimate patrol I got jumped at close range by a Sunderland. Boat damaged, 65% hull, flak guns destroyed and a bunch of other damage that I fixed. I was not far into the North Sea so I returned to base. Got my last patrol April 28th, 1945.

While at sea I got gradually developing orders. First I was told to stop all offensive action, then I got ordered to take my special cargo [not told I had such cargo or what it was] Buenos Aires. Yeah, sure, in a VIIC '42. No matter how I plotted it I did not have enough fuel to make it. I returned to Wilhelmshaven, got informed that Germany surrendered whilst at sea. Did not stop the Allied schweinhunden from trying to bomb my boat on May 9th. Upon return to base the war was over and it was all anticlimactic. Got told by SH3 Commander that my captain died in 1996. No bio write up. All rather a let down. Just before telling him to go home I awarded my juniormost crew member his U-boat badge for completing two war patrols.

Now... GWX, NYGM...?