Thread: [TEC] Hull question
View Single Post
Old 10-28-21, 03:34 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
In TMO Update, I changed the damage model for some realism, where boat is lost due to combination of damage of various systems, flooding, overwhelming player, forcing to fight to stay above crush depth, risking running batteries out or can't stay above crush depth so must surface and fight it out, which typically results in loss of boat. Result is what I aimed for and pretty happy with it overall, the "death blow" aka insta death because one charge came too close, which TMO was notorious for is rare now, as it should be. When this happens, its usually when way below test depth and close charge knocks off some hull integrity and hull cant handle the pressure, leading to hull failure and death.

Anyways, overall happy but wondering about something. To accomplish this I set the armor level depth charges penetrate to 0.0 and the equipment on boat to 0.0. However, the subs hulls remain at 12.0, with exception of S-Class which is 10.0. This provides a decent balance, but sometimes when a charge is close, noticed it will damage hull, noticed on a few patrols now, with both Type 95 and Type DC, on boats from Gato, Balao, to Salmon class, a close DC will boost hull damage up to 20-25 percent. Fortunately, when this happened in Salmon I was not too deep and hull did not give way. I was at 590 ft in Balao but did not give way.

Not saying I will change it, DC should be able to damage hull and fact it does not cause insta death is great. Just wondering if anyone knows why when the armor level of the subs, which is higher than that the DC can penetrate, why DC can still damage the hull? What am I missing?
that is an excellent question.
i have never been able to figure it out either. i also believe that stock DC are way-too powerful.

the only conclusion that i can draw is that the "effects" of the DC can cause damage to the hull despite not having armor penetrability (is that even a word?).

let me ask this: when the zero-AP-DC causes hull damage to your boat does it also cause damage to interior equipment?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote