View Single Post
Old 02-03-11, 03:47 PM   #597
Mustang01
Watch

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default Incredible Experience

Gentlemen,
I'm new to the forum and subsims in general, as a friend of mine recommended I get into SH3/GWX 3 since I've been a life-long WWII buff. I don't consider myself to be a "gamer", so I was a little apprehensive at first. All I can now do is express my gratitude for all of those who contributed to the GWX project since I was totally blown away by the depth and feel of the game. In my view, this is an "achievement" in every sense of the word, much more than a “game”, bravo. I can't imagine the man-hours that went into creating and updating these mods but I just wanted you to know how thankful we "non-techies" are that folks like you are out there who share our passion for living history. I paid a visit to the wreck of the U-352 last summer and had family in the US Merchant Marine during WWII, so coupled with my half-German heritage and the fact that the "U-Who" was discovered in what I consider to be my backyard, I feel a personal connection to the Battle Of The Atlantic and the GWX team has built an inspiring tribute to the men from both sides. It's reassuring to see digital technology used for such a noble goal when there are so many negative examples of mindless pop-culture to disappoint. Again, simply amazing work. I'm now trying to get Commander 3.2 to run to liven things up. I've built some "external tools" to aid in manual targeting (KM attack disk and my own long-range torpedo attack range finding tool to work with the nav map and yes, red light bulb for my desk). I've even got my 70 year-old uncle hooked since we used to watch re-runs of “Victory At Sea” together when I was young. I hope to draw on the expertise I see on this board for future questions and wouldn't mind assisting in historical research for future projects if necessary. Thanks again!
Sean
Mustang01 is offline   Reply With Quote