View Single Post
Old 11-04-09, 10:59 PM   #1510
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
the screen shot of the ship silouette at night in post 1489 is just what my night view looks like. It is tough to see the enemy at night until they are almost on top of you. Is that how it is supposed to be?
In a word, sorta. Fleetboats didn't have an "observation" periscope. They had a night periscope. Main difference was the night scope had a bigger apeture to allow more light in. While the attack periscope's tip, much resembled a broomstick handle in size. The choice of textures for the night and attack scope on my part was very deliberate. Here's some earlier screenshots to illustrate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
But I have no idea of the factors, which could let me last a little longer or which may help me evade. (or are those factors AI trade secrets?)
I keep reposting this. I wrote it some years ago for SH3, but the same principles apply.
http://www.ducimus.net/sh415/ai.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
the attack periscope is lower than the observation periscope and when going to periscope depth one can't see anything through the AP, only the OP.
well i know one periscope is shorter then the other. Only applies to prewar conning tower. To the best of my knowledge, this descrepency in periscope height is historically correct. However, if i adjusted for the night periscope and not the attack periscope for the periscope depth command, then i made a boo boo.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote