View Single Post
Old 03-29-11, 04:50 AM   #1
Mersea
Swabbie

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0
Default Intercept Convoy Questions

Hello I am begining using the MoBo emb and it is impressive, the learning curve is step so I have questions.

a) Trying to intercept a convoy I got the bearing to intercept it, that is all, I surely miss a step, and when filling Data for Time nothing happens? I got the MoBo PDF but I have no printer so I must check it back, return to MoBo and got confused in the end; what about a text method to implement entries in the correct order, cause I surely invert entries at some points thus not having the expected result.

This is what I think about the "method" :

Intercept Convoy including Time (map scale is properly adjusted)

1. Place OwnShip ( I understand no entries except Time)
2. Place Contact (with speed and bearing and Time)
3. Tab space over Contact
4. Etc...

The Time I speak of is the Time of the "Screenshot" or Time of Contact reporting, letting MoBo knows my OwnShip position, and Contact position at this Time, so MoBo does compute the rest...

b) The course I got is direct into the convoy, the speed of my sub is calculated for surface, but the convoy and the destroyers would spot me long before reaching the intercept point. The submerged max speed is 9 Knots and batteries can't run for long "ride", so how to have an indirect course? also I understand that I can approach on surface at any speed and goes to periscope depth for the last run, but there we have two speeds eg: 17 Kts surfaced and 5 Kts underwater.

c) Is there a magnify tool? got struck with "long" intercept line and was unable to see its end clearly?

Thanks for your time