Thread: First sim?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-11, 07:01 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

No SBP demo, and not planned, that's why I recommend to watch a couple of videos, also MP videos.

I want to comment on the price again, although I sound like a sales director.

Including the first SB, I am constantly playing SB since roughly one decade now. SBP PE since almost five years. I remember how much money I have wasted in my younger years, in the late 80s and thorughout the 90s, for games that lasted some months, if I was unlucky just weeks. Compared to the fortune I spent there, SBP with constant addiction since ten years is cheap with a price equalling three cheap or 2 new full priced games that just lasts much shorter for the most. The game-play-for-the-buck ratio is extremely positive for SBP.

And although I do not want to start a price war here, and no rivalry between different products and different authors, I just point out that the price for the latest version of SBP equals that of two years of Zeewolf mods. If you think that people having TvT should buy Zeewolf's abonemment, then you can hardly argue against the price for SBP - it is cheaper after 2 years.

Several hundred missions are available, both SP and MP. Thinking that the claim of being a training software would go at the cost of playability or accessability for casual gamers, would be misleading, the sim is easy to run and does not handle much different than SF - but offers more depth, realism, a better AI and more diverse mission layouts and battle scales, from briagdes fighting over 400 km2 to platoons moving down a single valley against occasional single resistence. There is much more diversity. The other major difference is that you need to do much more tactical planning ahead of your missions, usually - else you get eaten without even knowing what hit you. Rambos stand chanceless here.

Video-Links:

Last edited by Skybird; 01-04-11 at 07:30 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote