View Single Post
Old 04-12-10, 03:49 AM   #745
BlueMind
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Hi ZeeWolf... and all other people who play this wonderful game...

This is already one year I bought this game and I play it regularly. It's for me the best tank simulator I've played (I never played at T-72 Balkans on Fire because I prefer games of the WW2 but it's a personal taste).

After playing Red Orchestra since its official release (2006), there is a point that bothers me a bit in T34 vs Tiger, certainly because my habit with RO but I think this would make it more realistic. Perhaps it's already changed/corrected on your patch, I don't know because I've not found any information about this point: the movement of the turret with the mouse !

I find it totally unrealistic because the crew didn't have this kind of tool in their time: a foot controler (pedal) for the horizontal movements and a crank for the vertical movements. I also think that the control with the mouse is much less accurate than a keyboard with which you can make changes according to the latest shooting position.

The problem is: that it's not possible with the keyboard to move slowly along the vertical axis (it works horizontally with the SHIFT key but this function does not work when I want to adjust the height of the barrel).

I would also like to know if is it possible (by changing some files or lines of code) to disable the mouse control of the turret so that it does not interfere with the keyboard control (I tried looking for a file on the key assignment but I found nothing) ?
I often change views because I never use auto-pilot crew and when I return to the gunner seat, I obviously can't keep my old fire position due to the movements of the mouse (and I don't want drop my mouse before changing the view because in the battle, I never think of).

Besides that, it's a very good simulation and I think it's more realistic than Red Orchestra (except the point of the turret movements)...

I'm very happy to know about your mod (ps: I sent you a private message for my member registration).
BlueMind is offline   Reply With Quote