Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

OLC Ubermod 2.3 - FINAL VERSION

Yeah, go on, laff it up :p
Finished laughing yet? OK, I'll wait...
Finished now?
Good.

Having played my way through half the war with this mod I'm satisfied that it's stable and does what I wanted. I've ironed out all the crinkles and I'm completely out of ideas for how to improve it. And besides, RL demands to be dealt with... and of course I want to get through the other half.

So, this is it, the last version!
Until now I've avoided making it compatible with everything because that just makes a lot of work for me, but since this is the last version, what the hell.

New in this version:
  • A final, tiny tweak to OLCE2. You might not even spot it. Anyway it's purely graphical in nature (look at the clouds near the horizon in light fog).
  • An OLCE2-compatible version of Enhanced Damage Effects is included.
  • The Ubermod has now been broken down into no less than 9 mods, to allow you maximum choice and compatibility with other mods. I'll copy and paste the updated readme, which I think (hope ) explains the new structure very well:
Quote:
OLC Ubermod is a small collection of my mods which are intended to be used together, but which have been separated into several smaller JSGME mods so that players have at least a limited amount of choice as to which changes they want and which changes they don't.

OLCE2
This mod contains the new environmental graphics and all of the OLC Ubermod graphical fixes except for the realistic rendering of waves seen through the UZO/binocular/periscopes (that one is in the OLC GUI Special mod). OLCE2 doesn't change any sensor settings, but visual sensors are affected by light levels and OLCE2 does make the nights darker. This means that the visual sensors on enemy ships are much less effective at night in OLCE2 than they are in GWX (which is a good thing). The Players Guide contains tips on how to execute successful surface attacks in the darker OLCE2 nights.
Note: OLCE2 should be used instead of the GWX – 16km Atmosphere mod, not in addition to it.

GWX 2.1 Crew Skins for OLCE2
This mod adjusts the brightness of the GWX 2.1 watch crew to suit the OLCE2 environment. You should enable this mod (and also the GWX – No Medals on Crew mod) unless you are using a crew uniform mod (e.g. the “Elite Crew Uniform” mod) in which case you should leave it disabled. Be warned that if you do use other crew uniform mods then they might not look quite right in OLCE2, especially at night, unless the mod author has made the appropriate adjustments for OLCE2.

Remove All Object Reflections for OLCE2 (with/without VIIC41)
Enabling one of these two mods will remove the reflections from all 3D objects (U-boats, ships, buildings, etc.) in GWX 2.1. This is entirely optional and depends only on your personal taste; if you would prefer to keep the reflections then do not enable this mod! Please note that the reflections of particle effects are not altered by this mod (they are optionally removed using the particle effect mods for OLCE2, described next).
Note: The “with VIIC41” version is for players who have a VIIC/41 U-boat. It should be enabled instead of the GWX – VIIC41 Player Sub mod, not in addition to it.

GWX 2.1 Normal/Enhanced Particle Effects for OLCE2 (with/without reflections)
These four mods each contain GWX 2.1 particle effects which have had colour/brightness levels adjusted so that they look right in OLCE2. The names of the mods should be self-explanatory. You should choose and enable one of these four mods unless you are using some other effects mod (e.g. the “SH4 Effects for SH3” mod) in which case you should not enable any of them. Be warned that if you do use other particle effect mods then they might not look quite right in OLCE2, especially at night, unless the mod author has made the appropriate adjustments for OLCE2.
Note: One of the these mods should be enabled instead of the GWX – Enhanced Damage Effects mod, not in addition to it.

OLC GUI Special for OLCE2
This mod contains a new version of my graphical user interface (OLC GUI) which includes realistic map contact updates and a graphical fix to waves seen through the UZO/binoculars/periscopes. Please note that this is not identical to OLC GUI 1.2.x, nor is it an addition to it. You can install either OLC GUI Special, or OLC GUI 1.2.x, or neither, but not both! The Players Guide contains more information on the differences between OLC GUI 1.2.x and OLC GUI Special.
It's big, I'm afraid. 400mb. But it's the last time you'll have to download it.
It's uploading to FF and will take a couple of hours.

Cheers
OLC