Thread: Ai behavior?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-18, 04:07 PM   #4
tAKticool47
Bosun

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default I agree with FPS-

I have seen a ton of things in the game , some hilarious, some ridiculous, some just "Hmm.... huh?"

Can't say a friendly unit ever attacked me-- I'd be interested in hearing more specifics on that. Because I've been playing for 2+ years and that never happened.

I will say the game has nuances. For example- if you use the Mission Editor, you have to assign a "Tactic" to each unit. I have found that the only reliable "tactic" is the "Ladder Box" ... Almost all the others, "Random Box" , "Expanding Box" , "Perimeter Box" etc. seem to make the platform do absolutely *nothing* unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY ... whereas "Ladder Box" seems to make platforms (both offensive and defensive, or shall I say Own-team and Enemy-team) much more proactive and vigilant.

The other thing is, as some have pointed out to me, the AI does have limits. it just does. It's a video game. And it's a video game from a while back. You kind of figure out the nuances and types of ways the game plays , with experience, and adapt your gameplay.

But it's a very fun game to me. And can be an ABSOLUTELY TECHNICAL game 'simulation' if you want it to be.
tAKticool47 is offline   Reply With Quote