Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Don't be afraid be ready
Thats a good motto!

Though I would prefer to put it differently to defeat those idiots always claiming that "you just act out of fear". I would say: "Be prepared so that you must not be afraid."

Over 15 years ago we had a severe winter emergency over here, by our standards, I mean many americans are used to Blizzards like that and would just have smiled, but in germany, they are rare and almost unknown to most. Powerpoles and gridline towers collapsed under the snow, the damage was pretty immense. Outside my city, the districts and rural places to the north were without power and heating for up to three and four days. It was not that bad were I live, I hardly was effected, but back then I still had not the money available to have run some peparation procedures, and so felt a little bit exposed to factors beyond my control. I did not like that feeling. Not one bit.

We can never control all and everything, and we always must find a balance between investment and preparation level gotten in return. But by all reason, guys: at least try a bit! "Readiness is all!" That is especially important when you have family and kids, and are not responsible for yourself alone only.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-23-20 at 11:42 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote