View Single Post
Old 09-05-10, 08:46 AM   #1464
tvt_addict
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdF View Post
OK, as a long time GamingComp builder, I say HEAT!
GPU, Prosessor or video card,even memory. I say to try this before anything else................
After trying various combinations I am inclined to agree with you, and I reckon its the GPU. I have played World of Tanks for a few hours the past couple of days and it freezes after about four. The CPU isn't overclocked and it has the alarm set at 70 degrees, which has never activated.

The GeForce9500GT card is a slimline version that I took from my Dell. Interestingly the Dell blew the PCIE socket, which was where this card was residing. I may look at an alternative graphics card as there is not a lot that I can do about this one, it has an inbuilt fan and I have restricted the speed to 100mhz. I have tried all sorts of combinations of game settings in various games, and although Tvt in its various guises locks the pc up pretty quickly, WOT will also do it as mentioned after a few hours.

At least now that I have a decent size case and motherboard I am free to buy whatever I want, the Geforce was just about the only one available that would fit the Dell case and mobo when I bought it.

There is some free software that I can use to analyse the GPU temp, but I can't remember what it is called??

Ho hum...more expense?

Cheers

Rob G
tvt_addict is offline   Reply With Quote