Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi Rubini,

I have one comment and two questions concerning your great work:

1.) When I use your mod with GWX the Avenger canopy is black. I guess the reason is that the GWX Avenger has the same *.tga name (AVG_123.tga), but a transparent canopy (the canopy part of the tga is black in GWX). It seems that although the ID is different SH3 uses the same tga for both models

2.) Is there any reason why you have sometimes chosen strange names with squares as letters, e.g., AcusticTorp_Final_12

3.) Does the Fido Avenger also have 'regular' torpedoes? From looking at the VTcannon_rack_barrel it looks as if it uses the VTcannon_FIDO_shell which has the same damage data as the Fido itself

It would be great if you could help me with my two questions!

Cheers, LGN1
Hi LGN1,

1. I can´t recall the same problem when i made some (few) tests with this mod with GWX at that time. But, if you are right, then I guess that is just a matter to rename that tga inside the new torpedo bomber .dat file that comes with the mod. Someone more can confirm this problem?

2. I guess that this is a Windows language issue because I have not squares here. I use win7 in brazilian portuguese.

3. IIRC the drop mechanics of both "regular virtual torpedo" and "fido" are the same. The main difference is that in the Fido case, the virtual particle torpedo is replaced by an acoustic "real" torpedo (fido) when it hits the water. IIRC i also hold the virtual torpedo behaviour (in truth a invisible cannon) on the planes that carry FIDOS to simulate hits when you are almost surfaced. Just to make the mod more dangerous to the player, if not you should just stay surfaced to avoid Fidos hits. This was necessary by SH3 engine limitations. The Acoustic torpedo changes direction but not deep on SH3. Then some tricks were necessary to cover these stock faults.

Last edited by Rubini; 04-21-14 at 10:53 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote