View Single Post
Old 01-27-21, 04:49 PM   #13
prowler3
XO

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce_de_zoop View Post
The order won't matter with these two steps. You should be installing Arb through jgsme, which means you're just dropping files into the MOD folder.

This is the type of thing that worries me. the ARB instructions never mention the MODS folder...or JSGME...but you do?

I'm not sure I can live with these discrepancies? I do appreciate your efforts but...after years of dealing with various games, including the worst (MSFS), I am not comfortable with installation instructions that do not agree.

That being said, I will wait and see if someone has instructions for these mods which follow the actual modder's install instructions, with an install order that works without issues.

I do appreciate all your efforts at helping me. However, this ain't my first rodeo and I am unwilling to do this, over and over again, until it works? Any discrepancy in how things are to be done makes me want to run screaming into the night...not because I'm "scared"...because I'm TIRED of doing that with games for the last 30 years.

So...for the sake of clarity...here's is where I would like to get:

SH3 1.4B, starforce free, installed (this is DONE!!)
GWX 3.0
SH3 Commander
ARB wideGUI
H.Sie patch (with no changes, at first).

after that point, I will be able to ask all of you about my old fave mods, and if they are still viable or even needed (remember, I have not played SH3 since my beloved Windows XP days...when I could have a "Hardware Profile" for 4:3 games).

I appreciate your patience and ask that you realize...I am over those younger days when I would try and try again to make a game work. I WILL keep trying...but only with clear and concise instructions...I leave the "try and try again" philosophy to our younger members.
prowler3 is offline   Reply With Quote