View Single Post
Old 03-22-15, 11:45 AM   #94
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Funny, I just reinstalled a shield.
Changed my mind last night about it and had to check different places for different parts anyways.

In the end, I agree with the 'play it save' attitude.
I rather jump once more in a leg and have a shorter jump range but will survive a possible encounter.
I figured a lucky hit into my drives, without shields, and I'd be toast anyways.

The Thargoids, now... that is quite a good point you're making!
Didn't have them in mind and to think they might be out there already (it is a possiblity, who knows) is making exploration much more interesting.

Imagine to be the first one to actually run into them and survive to tell the story. Apropos story.
I'm curious as to how the internal story develops when the Thargoid threat arrives. Reminds me of Game of Thrones. The 9 families will have to unite, more or less, to fight the bigger threat, the White Walkers, in season 5
(I just assume you know what I'm talking about)

Will post a picture of my ready-to-go Asp in a few minutes and then pick an initial direction.

Edit: I'm thinking about adding a field maintenance unit, but I heard they are somewhat broken or add to the tear and wear cost... what exactly does that mean/how does that work?
I know what tear and wear is - but the mechanics are unknown to me. I suspect that part that are more expensive will add higher T&W costs?

Editē: It seems they are a 'must have' now for exploring and have been fixed:
"- Add the Repairable component to several modules that otherwise couldn't be repaired by AFM modules. Discovery scanners, Detail scanners and Thrusters are all now repairable in the field."