Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 04-23-21, 10:43 PM   #1013
qastokes
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Campaign bugs report

third mission of a IIc training campaign (after leaving objectives incomplete in mission 2) was a mission statement in French to do reconnaissance of perth/fremantle leaving from Kiel!
... Yes, in a IIc
After a good laugh at the irony I and loaded the end of mission one save point and continued on my merry way replaying mission two, getting all the kills needed with an IIc's only 5 torpedos, duds and no deck gun is proving impossible so far. Mission three has repeated after returning to port without completing mission two, the mission three is the same bugged one to Perth Australia.
Spamming resaves I managed it and the third mission was still to perth, instead of the convoy hunt training promised by the mission radio broadcast!
EDIT update: Tried the IID 27th training flotilla 4/41 and encountered the same third mission bug to PerthxFreemantle. So the bug wasn't unique to that save/campaign run.
EDIT2: Played the early training mission type IIB and had a "No primary objectives found" error. I'm assuming all the training missions are therefore bugged in the campaign scripting in one way or another. (Transferring base doesn't seem to help)

so TL;DR
1)Training mission 2 in a IIC is a bit on the perfectionistic side, 3 kills needed with 5 torps is tricky. Adding an intentional resupply/refit to restore torps might make this mission more fun and informative on an IIC, along with easier. (being the by design training boat, IIC is the natural day one for a fully immersive campaign.)
2)Bug with IIC training campaign mission 3 prevents advancement & completion. Pretty sure I started training flotilla 4/40.

Last edited by qastokes; 04-26-21 at 09:05 PM.