View Single Post
Old 10-21-12, 09:36 PM   #488
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
I discovered this purely by accident yesterday and I wish I has found it earlier. This is an amazing piece of work.

I noticed the chap above me asking about Win7. Mr Trigger, run your Win7 Speech Recognition program, this may be a bit quirky but you can train it to be less useless.

Once that program is running, then launch the shSpeech batch file and you're good to go. but Windows has to be listening first otherwise the batch file has no way to interface with you.

Now, I have a question also: I have adjusted the batch file to shoe resolution 1920x1080. Things - for the most part - are working well, but there appears to be a bit of misclicking on the three dials for Speed, Heading/Rudder and Course.

Is this a side effect of using a 16x9 display rather than the more-PC-friendly 16x10? Has anyone got a TMO batch file with slightly adjusted mouse co-ordinates that makes a 1920x1080 voice commanding more accurate?

T'is also something of a Godsend, being able to bark orders inthis manner because I only installed TMO last night and all the buttons are different so instead of keybaord mashing, I can just ask for stuff and it magically appears.

Though I did burp rather audibly last night and subsequently exclaimed "Ooh, excuse me!" to which my Ex-O said, "Yes Sir, New Course: Two-Three"... that made me chuckle.
1920x1080 is a 16:9 aspect ratio, so the ideal screen is in fact a 16:9 display. If you had a 16:10 display and were running 1920x1080 some of the pixels would be stretched and the clicks could be off where they should be. But this could still be related somehow.

My suggestion is to launch your game and take a screenshot, then put that screenshot into a graphic editing program to determine the actual dimensions of the screen, then set your batch file to that.

What is possibly happening is you have an overscan/underscan setting on your display which is causing 1920x1080 to actualy be something like 1908x1010 or something equally weird. When this is in effect, it "lies" to the game and says it's 1920x1080, but then it alters it on the video card after the fact and that would break the locations of things making shSpeech misclick.

Summary: Don't trust your video card resolution or what the game says. Take a screenshot and measure it to determine your actual resolution and put that in the batch file.

Hope that helps.