View Single Post
Old 03-15-11, 02:03 AM   #42
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Good Heavens! I would never take someone else work just to profit from it monetary wise. The only thing I would profit from is adding to and completing Lurker's work and getting further enjoyment out of the game and helping others realize it's potential. That to me is worth more than gold.

I had noticed bouncing between SH3 (I own it as well, my first silent hunter, Silent Service 2 gave the the horrid bug) that there is a level of animosity between the different games. I for on have a hatred of SH5 but only because of the internet requirement(removed or not) and the fact that it's only half the game (ends in 43). But to each there own. Perhaps with the furthering of OM we could collect some of those SH5 players who aren't happy.

In regards to Lurker I meant no disrespect at all. But it does sound rather childish in the sense that "oh thats my old toy and don't play with it anymore nor do I want to, but you can't have it even if you could get enjoyment from it". But I suppose having put so much work into something you could develop a sort of possessive complex.

Hopefully he would be kind enough to give us the green light. I would like to get into and learn modding, and enhancing OM is just the motivation I would need.

Are there any modding tutorials laying around the forums here?

The Silent hunter "wars" seem eerily similar to the problems that HOI3 has in regards to the PTO. In as much as most everyone plays in the ETO and hardly plays the PTO so the developers spend more time on the ETO leaving the PTO broken.

PS to Duci. Have you happened upon my PM regarding the scene dat files in TMO 2 and and 2.1?