Old 05-22-10, 09:22 PM   #84
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by piri_reis View Post
Oh boy, have I been under a rock?!
Just found this WS mod and it's great improvement to the stretched view.
For feedback here's my setup:
Win7/x64, Sh3/GWX3, Nvidia 9800GTX+, HP w2207h LCD w/ 1680x1050 native&desktop resolution. Have the D3D9.ini set to 1360x768 as mentioned.
Using the DisplayChanger utility (to get solve the Win7/x64 crash issue)

Everything's working pretty good, and I dig Rubini's GUI. Simple and useful. Thanks to all involved in this project
Thanks mate!
Update: after two months out of Sh3 I started it again some minutes ago...but with some interesting news.
I changed my "old" nvidia 8800GT by a "new" Ati 4850 in this new start because I like very much an old WWII air game (EAW) that only runs well on ATI. So, minutes ago I finally tested it also with SH3. Just good surprises:
1. Definitivelly this wide screen mod works absolutelly well with ATI. No need any adjust on my system. Just started Sh3 again after two months and it´s running in all its WS glory without any problem. (Take note Reece!)
2. ATI really have a much better IQ than Nvidia (I can say this at least for SH3, EAW, SH4 and COD WaW - the ones that i tested with my "new" card). Two years ago I started a thread here on subsim showing how to adjust nhancer to make nvidia have at least a reasonable IQ for Sh3/SH4, the result was good but it never convinced me. Now, that i could finally compare the two cards, I can say that ATi is really far better, the AA quality and output is much more well done.

Rubini.