Old 02-14-21, 04:05 PM   #754
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I'm a little confused here.

I thought only the candidate the party choosen as their candidate is the one the voters can put their vote on.

Either The Rep choose him as their candidate or his new movement(if he starts one)get these 74 + millions votes

Yes there are other independent candidate in your National election-I don't really count these.

Markus
In the primary elections, voters of a particular party pick from a list of candidates that they want their party to run against candidates of the other party in the general election. Some states have an open primary where active can vote. Most have closed or semi closed primaries where only prime registered for that party can vote in the party primary election.

In the General Election, usually it's Dem and GOP running presidential candidates with a smattering of 3rd party candidates. But you have to jump through a bunch of different laws, at the individual state level, to get in the ballot unless you are nominated by a political party. It may be easier to get a nomination from a 3rd party in most cases.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote