Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Military History

Skybird,

serious now..

I am a very addicted person to military history..reading all I can get my hands on in this world of history, all from Julius Ceasar's life to Gustaf Mannerheim and the Finnish struggle against the Russians..

War history is my main interest.."Gaming" is just a relief and a small reminder of what happened, not yet a man's age ago..Let us hope it will never happen again..

It may seem that I am a war romantic, but that is not true..I respect the history and am scared when seeing all drama that took place during those years..Still it is fascinating..wondering what had happened if I was born 30 years earlier..no one will know the answer.

In my youth, I was picked for "Panzer kill duty" at P4 in Skövde, Sweden, but I had enlisted volontary for the Paratroopers here in Sweden, and spend 3 humiliating weeks there until ending up as a ships mechanic in the Coastal Artillery..(see my tag pic) That is my military history.

I have a lot of humour and love to joke about everything including the wars but at heart I am a dedicated man to history and fact..especially I admire our fathers generation for doing what they did..It would never happen like that today, I am sure..

Since I have met a Finnish woman at my age, I have learned a lot about their history too, and it really makes me amazed how a small country like that could defeat the Russian war machine, let be with some German help, but still..they had "Sisu" as they call it..a "damned personal power"!

no words needed here

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hayha.html

the worlds most efficient sniper..Simo Häyhä..542 kills in 3 months!

they are special those Finns!

I am not sure why, but I guess I just wanted to tell you, I am serious with the history..that's all..

"slow ahead"

Sgt Hotcliff

'Just a cool Swedish"Strv122"
http://www.kamratoff.se/images/Strv%20122%20sand.jpg

"A warrior accepts defeat
He does not treat it as a matter of indifference, nor does he try to make a victory of it” (P.Coehlo)

Sgt Hotcliff is offline   Reply With Quote