View Single Post
Old 06-03-09, 11:16 PM   #100
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC Sniper View Post
I just found this thread because I am needing a new pc and subsim has always been the place to find trusting advice.. I have a couple of questions.

@Neal
1. I did not see a soundcard listed. Are you just using the onboard sound? If so, any complaints?
2. Dual video cards but no cooling system other that what Dell calls "standard"? If you got standard cooling with that case is it proving adequate?

@You techies. Some here recommended the I7 intel processor. For strictly gaming comparison, doesnt a high end duo core do as well or does it depend on which I7 you get? Are there game titles that actually take advantage of a quad core?

To give me a base, compare these 2 ...for gaming.
core 2 E8500 vs a Core 2 Q8300
Any advantage at all for this quad over the duo core?

Building my own just isn't an option.

.......thanks in advance.
1. I did not see a soundcard listed. Are you just using the onboard sound? If so, any complaints?

Onboard, I believe, but works the same, AFAICT.

2. Dual video cards but no cooling system other that what Dell calls "standard"? If you got standard cooling with that case is it proving adequate?

Yes, I can play games all night, and the system seems fine (what is that red glow coming from under the desk...?) It is very quiet, but I suppose it is working ok.