View Single Post
Old 12-12-20, 08:02 PM   #2290
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0
Default Merry Christmas Tojo!

Well, I made it to my patrol area at 1X, arriving near Tokyo on December 24, 1941 Pearl Harbor base time, which would make it December 25, 1941 in Japan.
Just after sunset on December 23, 1941 I made contact with a merchant coming north right behind me. I made a successful approach and sank her.
Then on December 24, 1941, just after I surfaced for the night to head west into my patrol area, I made contact with a convoy consisting of a Tone Class Heavy Cruiser, sank her (3 hits) using Dick O'Kane method, attacked a Chitose Seaplane tender, damaged her (3 hits), I later did an end around and attacked and sank her and another merchant. I used all of my deck gun ammo trying to sink the Chitose before I put the final fish in her and while I was at that, I sank another small merchant with the deck gun. A total of 5, 2 warships, 3 merchants. I am now out of deck gun ammo and I am out of torpedoes, and that was on the first day in my patrol area. 4 out of the 5 ships sunk were in the patrol area. All were dark of night attacks by the way.
Now what? Do I return to base without completing my assignment to stay in my patrol area for 10 days?
I suppose I could infiltrate Tokyo Bay and take pictures...

Seriously, what happens if I return to Pearl without completing my assignment?

Merry Christmas Tojo!

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote