View Single Post
Old 12-11-20, 10:12 PM   #2283
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Downloads: 535
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
FotRSU does not have SCAF. That is "Ship Centered Accuracy Fix". A portion of it is in FotRSU, but most of the ships do indeed use the mast as their targeting reference point. DanielCoffey re-did all of the RecMan images, and those that were from CapnScurvy's mod, for the most part, did keep their red reference lines, but DanielCoffey measured the ships in Blender, and are now more accurate than ever, even if they weren't drawn "historically" correct. The ShipName.cfg files have all been updated to reflect his work. CapnScurvy did include all of his optics fixes, so yes, the deck view, the bridge view, the binoculars, the guns sights, the periscopes, etc., have all been "fixed" for accuracy, so we have the best of both worlds. The only thing missing?... CapnScurvy was considering attempting to do a version of OTC for FotRSU, but he has been busy restoring a 55 Mercury motor vehicle lately instead. Now that we're approaching another winter, maybe he'll stop by and let us know some one of these days if he is inclined to do so... Don't hold your breath though - he might have a heated garage, and may have even inhaled too many paint fumes...
Thanks for the clarification. I saw the red lined reference silhouettes and I was overcome with a warm fuzzy feeling.... As you know, I've been using Capnscurvy's OTC in TMO and really loving it. Having red lined reference points is still a step in the right direction. I still love the mod and think it's your best work yet.

PS. Inhaling paint fumes is highly underated.......