View Single Post
Old 06-13-06, 11:07 AM   #7
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
If I spend my time making features that need to be enabled by the mission designer, are you guys going to actually use them, even if that makes the missions incompatible with the stock game (like what was done for SCX)?
First answer: yes.
What sort of features are you thinking about?

I offer myself for creating missions for your mod... well, in fact I'm begining a campaign so, It will be a pleasure to make it for your mod. I like your mod very much, specially the IA is MUCH better and agressive than stock game and makes the single player experience much interesting.

Note: due university tests, I will be "avaiable" from june 27th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
I think a lot of people forget that SCX and the SCU were indeed hacks that broke the EULA...
Good to know. I knew all the problems SCU caused to the creator, but thought that SCX was "legal" :hmm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Could you make the hull popping sound detectable? IIRC it was in 688(I), as the implosion sound was.
It can be "simulated", but will be a bit tricky.
A trigger can be done alerting or making a sound when the enemy sub pass xxxxdepth, but can't be represented on the sonar screen.
Is possible to make a trigger about if the enemy is detected, and sub depth=xxxx feet and the player is close enought... and then alert the player somehow but, when the player should be alerted and when not?
And, that wouldn't give the player an advantage? I know how important is the popping but, as the SC option of making a trigger "if the player goes to sonar screen..." no longer exists, I think that alerting the player if he/she's (politically correct ) not looking at the sonar screen...

The other problem will be the hull popping depth: it must be estimated by the mission creator and may not coincide wich the real hull popping depth in game...

A complex thing.

Last edited by FERdeBOER; 06-13-06 at 11:14 AM.
FERdeBOER is offline   Reply With Quote